Our client combines a fantastic culture & genuine desire to lend & help small businesses grow.
As the Commercial Banking BDM – Cumbria you will work as part of an experienced team & will have responsibility for responsible for sourcing, appraising and making loan and mezzanine investments into SMEs in the Cumbria/North West area.
The role will involve;
- Through sustained and extensive business development activity, source and appraise suitable lending opportunities.
- Develop and maintain links and networks with key business introducers and intermediaries to source opportunities.
- Maintain and develop technical and industry specific knowledge to ensure best practice and compliance.
- Conduct thorough and robust management, financial and commercial due diligence.
- Assess applications for funding and prepare reports to credit committee.
- Liaise closely with the RM team post-lend and support as required to maintain the relationship with the client
- Participate and represent the organisation at meetings, seminars and events.
As a Commercial Banking BDM – Cumbria your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Previous suitable experience within the Corporate and Commercial SME market.
- Understanding of all aspects relating to debt and mezzanine investments into SMEs or larger Corporates.
- Understanding of risk assessment and lending processes and procedures.
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive network of relevant key business introducers in the area of operation.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Confident in own decision making.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience of analysing financial information.
If you are currently in a Commercial Banking BDM – Cumbria this is the ideal next step in your career.
Essential Skills and Competencies of the Commercial Banking BDM – Cumbria:
- Proactive, self- motivated approach, ability to work autonomously
- Good communication skills
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Accountancy or banking qualifications
About the Company
Our client can offer a developed offering supported by a great reputation for putting the Client first.
For more information about the Commercial Banking BDM – Cumbria role or to apply send your CV now.